Dr. Ashley Turner is a naturopath, wife, mom of three girls, homeschooler, operator of her family’s small farm, and owner of Restorative Chiropractic and Functional Wellness Center in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, along with her husband, Dr. Kevin Turner, who is a chiropractor. Together, they practice functional medicine to look for the root cause of health concerns and equip the body to heal through chiropractic programs, customized nutritional protocols, and professional detoxification.
Dr. Ashley and her husband found functional medicine when their two-year-old daughter was experiencing severe GI dysfunction, sensory challenges, and other symptoms of autism. Through her and her husband’s dedication and education, they were able to restore health for their daughter and move her off of the spectrum. Through their quest for healing, they have now been given the gift to guide many on their own healing quests through functional medicine.
Check out Dr. Ashley Turner and Dr. Kevin Turner’s practice here: http://www.restorativechiro.com/
Follow their practice on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/restorativechiro/
Follow Dr. Ashley Turner on Instagram: @dr.ashleyturner
In this episode, we discuss:
- The onset of her daughter’s symptoms and the consequences of using MiraLAX for her
- How she and her husband pivoted to functional medicine to help their daughter
- Using diet as a foundational component of healing
- How the gut and brain are intimately connected
- Ideas for removing environmental toxins within your control
- The types of detoxification that helped her daughter heal
- MTHFR and why it’s important to look for signs of gene expression rather than relying solely on genetic testing
- The importance of healing gradually
- The resilience of kids in healing