Dr. Thomas Heath has been practicing chiropractic and functional nutrition for over 33 years. Chiropractic is a family tradition— his wife, father, great-grandfather and sister-in-law are all chiropractors. His two youngest sons are studying to become chiropractors.
The majority of Dr. Heath’s patients come from Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia. Some travel from around the world — Brazil, Israel, Ireland, Mexico, Kenya, and New Zealand. Dr. Heath is certified in Professional Applied Kinesiology with extensive training in postgraduate nutrition and functional medicine, Quantum Neurology and NET (Neuro Emotional Technique). He has taught nutrition classes to chiropractic doctors, medical doctors, and naturopathic doctors.
Dr. Heath uses a “whole person approach.” This approach to wellness means looking for the underlying causes of any disturbance (which may or may not be causing symptoms at the time) and making whatever interventions and lifestyle adjustments needed to optimize the conditions for wellness. Using this unique approach, Dr. Heath is able to help patients accelerate and/or maintain their journey to good health.
Check out Dr. Heath’s practice in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania here: http://www.heathchiropracticandwellnesscenter.com/
In this episode, we discuss:
- What motivated Dr. Heath to move from traditional chiropractic to integrating functional nutrition
- Potential contributors to immune system suppression
- What leaky gut is, its symptoms, and what you can do about it
- The importance of Vitamin D3
- How grains and lectins can disrupt the microbiome
- The health problems associated with GMOs, chemicals, and pesticides
- The importance of looking at the whole person to promote healing
Link to episode in iTunes: